Friday, January 15, 2010

Spark of Life (2007)

Directed and Written by Mike Bazanele

"Spark of Life" is a low-budget zombie short I made a couple of years ago. Alas, I am not quite presumptuous enough to rate my own movie, but since I went to the trouble of making it, I feel I should include it on my review website. Here's what it says on the back of the box:

Asa Downing stars as himself in this darkly comedic horror short which chronicles the rise of an alcoholic energy drink so intense that it can turn people into zombies. Asa can't seem to catch a break. After losing his prized puppet in an encounter with a "shirtless, bleeding guy" in Eugene's sketchy downtown strip, Asa returns home to find that all is not well. Scared, alone and increasingly desperate, will Asa sacrifice that which is dearest to him to stay alive? Featuring a fresh young cast of non-actors and a killer soundtrack by Eugene locals The Arithmetic Danger Club, Ondamos and J, this epic of sex, drugs and rock and roll is no-budget film making in its purest form. DVD also contains award-winning bonus shorts by Mike Bazanele and Asa Downing.

This is my most successful project to date (although I have a really good one in the works). If you haven't seen it yet, watch a few scenes in the player below:




If you like it, get the unrated version on DVD. If you still can't get enough, download some of our Amazon.com MP3 downloads from the Spark of Life Soundtrack. And for the true fans, become the proud owners of the "Spark of Life" soundtrack CD, which features Eugene locals little j and the Arithmetic Danger Club. Thanks for supporting my film.

 











I also recommend:

1 comment: